Good Morning fellow Jaycees and welcome to what, in every conceivable perspective, should be a very exciting 2012. All the officers I’ve spoken with are anxious to build on the amazing traditions both old an new from the Western Maryland Jaycees and are incredibly optimistic. I only realized a few days ago that I am the 70th President of our chapter and looking back through the names before me, I realized just how fortunate this year’s board is to be able to build upon all the talent which has come before us. We are undeniably “standing on the shoulders of giants” and I’m honored to do so.
Some of my personal goals for this year include:
- Bringing our chapter’s communications to the forefront. We already have amazing projects and members. I think more people need to hear about them.
- Being a bigger part of the Maryland Chapter. We can learn a great deal from them and hopefully we can contribute to their efforts as well.
- Finding ways to make this year even more profitable than last.
- Ending the year with 100 members on the roster.
- Finding new opportunities for participation in ID events which may involve the public at large as well.
- With this being a major milestone year I hope our chapter can find many ways to involve former members who have aged out (Roosters) in our events.
A couple of those goals are very ambitious (100 members?!?!) but most are easily obtainable and could bring our chapter to a new level of success which we have not seen in decades. If you have any new goals of your own or would like to offer suggestions to help me or the other board members, feel free to like and comment on the post on our new Facebook Page.
To close, I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and is looking forward to the new year. We will be kicking it off with our First Membership Meeting of 2012, Wednesday, January 11th, 7pm at Allegany College of Maryland where we’ve met previously. For directions or questions, feel free to email me at BMoran@wmdjaycees.org
Take care and hope to see you there,